Biotechnology Pre-doctoral Training Program Participation
- Nominations for the BLP are accepted for Caltech graduate students who are in their first, second or third year of graduate work, in any Caltech graduate option.
- International students, underrepresented minority students, women, students with disabilities, mentor-supported students, and students who have fellowships are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Select students may receive partial tuition and stipend support from the program, initially for 12 months with the option to extend to a total of 24 months, dependent upon satisfactory progress and availability of funds.
- To be eligible for funding, trainees must be enrolled full-time at Caltech and agree to do an internship.
Commitments and Expectations
- If formally appointed to the BLP, the student and mentor must commit to fully participating in the program. This includes completion of required courses and a mandatory industry internship.
- Students and their mentors are expected to actively participate in the BLP during their appointment, and continue to participate in select activities after graduation from the program.
- The BLP will periodically host seminars and events that may be attended by any member of the Caltech community.